Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Janeta Cynthia Chavez

Well here she is...Janeta Cynthia Chavez
Weighing in at 9 pounds 2 ounces, 21 1/2 inches long
My c-section was scheduled for 8 a.m. Friday the 14th and boy was she on schedule. She was born at 8:05 a.m.! This experience has been so much easier I can't even tell you. I'm not saying a c-section is easy but compared to my last experience, this one has been actually enjoyable! My blood sugars were great and continue to be, my pain level is almost half of what it was the first time, and Janeta is breastfeeding like a champ. My doctor got to perform my c-section and he was just as surprised as I was that she was 9 pounds. He asked me where I was hiding her!
Many people were wondering about her name and those that know me well know that she was named after my mommy Janet. She just has a slight variation and Cesar's mom's name for the middle and I love it. It just seems to fit. She is so stinking precious I can't even stand it.
Every comment I get on facebook involves her cheeks and yes they are just chubby as ever. Don't let them fool you though because she's actually quite tiny everywhere else!
Tiny toes

I love this pic because it showcases her full head of shiny, soft, blonde tipped hair! Oh along with the comment about where she was hiding, my doctor also commented on her abundance of hair! I play with it all of the time. I hope it doesn't fall out like Mateo's!

She loves the swing like Mateo did and has all sorts of funny faces!

I was really worried about Mateo's transition into having a sister and sharing her with mama and dada but he has been amazing. He kisses her often and tells me when she's crying and tells people who have stopped by that she is his sister and her name is Janeta. He is still a 2 year old and has told me to put her back in the swing and make her go to sleep too HA!

She sleeps a lot and loves to be up from about 1:30 to 4:00 (God give me strength) but Cesar has been amazing cooking yummy meals, keeping the house clean, going on daily outings with Mateo, and of course loving on his daughter. I feel blessed and can't wait to see how she changes in the next couple weeks. Her eyes have been blue, brown, and hazel so who knows on those...

9 comments:

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

Yay!!! she's so opposite of Mateo! Dark skin and dark hair. Wow... and she was huge! I can say that though 'cause my baby was 9 lbs 10 oz! I'm so glad that Mateo is enjoying being a big brother. So, she likes to be up from 1:30-4 am or pm? I'm guessing you mean am! Good thing you have lots of help! Congrats mommy of two! You are so very blessed!

Shanalea Atchison said...

She is so cute and so dark... you were right about your Mexican chica. I can't wait to meet her. Sleep when you can.

Anonymous said...

Alicia, she is amazing. I was so surprised that she was 9lbs+. You are so tiny to have such a large baby. I am so pleased that your delivery went good and your recovery is going well. I can't wait to see more pictures as Janeta grows!
Oh, I love her hair too!! She is just darling!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! She is beautiful! Can't believe that she was 9lbs. Good thing you had a c-section girl. I can't wait to meet her and get some bows in her hair! ( I will bring some!) Enjoy every minute of it. These precious moments go by so quickly. Love you all!
Kim Metzger

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I LOVE her name! My mom's name is Janet too! Funny how I never knew your mom's name.
Kim Metzger

Kristen said...

She is so so darn cute Alicia! And I just love her beautiful name! Keep the pictures coming! It is so fun to see all of these darling babies grow and change.

Sue said...

Janeta is such a cutie! Isn't it fun to see who's been kicking you these past few months? Congratulations to you all! I can't wait to meet your little girl.

Mona said...

Congratulations!

Shannon said...

I can't believe all that hair! It's amazing how different she looks from Mateo. I wonder too how she will change and what color eyes she will have...possibly brown like Big C?...they are pretty dark. I can't wait to meet her! PS. I still can't believe how smart Mateo is! His vocab dang! :)