Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas around the Casa

So slowly but surely, we've built up our Christmas decor. It's definitely different this year having a child as I'm SO into the Christmas spirit. I decided, small as it may be, to show some pics of some of the Christmas spirit in our casa.


So here's Mateo doing his favorite thing right now (climbing and standing on anything within reach) next to the fireplace.



Here's our mantle with our stockings hung by the chimney with care...I love this Santa. Mateo stares at him and yanks on his boots.


Does everyone remember the countdown to Christmas box that had a chocolate for each day before Christmas? I couldn't think of a way to put biter biscuits in one so I opted for this Snowman.




My mom made this when she was in highschool...priceless. The little Santa and reindeer was a gift I gave my mom in third grade. I bought it at a bizarre for a dollar.


Here's the tree so far. We're still trying to figure out how to keep this room safe for Mateo...he thinks he can climb this sucker!

Last, but not least, when my mom, grandpa, and brother came to Riverside for Christmas in 2002 my mom sent me all of the Christmas decorations she had from when I was growing up so that we could decorate the tree together. It was one of the most special times I've ever had and has so much more meaning now that all three have passed. I have so many priceless decorations but I thought I would share this one. I made it in Kindergarten and it still looks pretty darn good for being 25 years old. I will never get rid of any ornament my children make me as I know how special it is to have pieces of your past.

8 comments:

Jana, Jeff and Jaydin Gilchrist said...

I love your decorations, and how cool to still have ones from your past, I love it. Also, I swear you wrote your name that same way in middle school..just maybe a little neater. :o) Merry Christmas!

Mona said...

Your house is looking good! I can feel the Christmas spirit. I love your ornament.I know the ones my kids made me are special to me. What a wonderful way to pass them down to you. Giving them and then sharing the time to decorate your tree.

The McGovern Family said...

Love the decor! 18 days? is that all? uh oh. I remember ornaments i had made my parents too. i had one from 1st grade where we glued our school picture on a square piece of styrafoam and glued red and green macaroni nooodles on it! those were the days.

Shannon said...

Looks great Alicia! I love all the home made stuff...very special. I don't think my mother kept one of my home made ornaments,sad. :) We got our tree this weekend..but of course it rained so it's drying. Hopefully, we will get to decorate tonight!

Kristen said...

Aren't the holidays so fun with kids! Everything looks so great. I love that you have all of the decorations from your childhood - so special!

Anonymous said...

It is so hard having little ones that want to climb the tree or rip down all the decorations that are 2 1/2 feet and down. We have some funny pictures of the baby fence that I put around the tree to keep Natalie away from it when she was little. She loved to get the candy canes down and eat them even with the plastic on them! Those little ones always keep you on your toes!
Those ornaments are so special, what a neet thing to have.

The Berghorn Family said...

I love your pics that bring out the precious memories that you have. I will only say this once more...that is why I love scrapbooking...I love making the memories come alive and knowing how my girls will love looking at them and remembering the fun times we have had...

The McGovern Family said...

can i get your address?