So just after Mateo's spudball season ended we started swimming lessons. I was a bit apprehensive as Mateo has suddenly become deathly afraid of the water. I didn't even think he was going to get in the pool but each day has gotten better and he seems to be getting more comfortable. This doesn't mean that he doesn't start crying at home before we even leave but I think these pics will tell the story...
Janeta is ready to go!
She is already giving her big brother a kiss as he is starting to cry AGAIN...
Yep here's the face worth a thousand words!
Dada and Janeta ready to start their lesson. Mateo and his sister are in the same pool for their lessons. Mateo's teachers come get him from the side of the pool and put him in the water crib (crying).
Janeta practicing her kicks.

Cesar and I switch off every day with Janeta and she does great with him as long as she doesn't see me...she just spotted me in this one! lol
Cesar and I switch off every day with Janeta and she does great with him as long as she doesn't see me...she just spotted me in this one! lol
Janeta thought it was better time spent relaxing with her kickboard. Phew, swimming lessons are tiring!


6 comments:
So sweet. Janeta looks fearless and so happy in these pics. Mateo's expressions remind me of Reagan. It's been a long battle with the swim thing with her too. We finally turned a corner with her in April with swimming : Looks like you are having a great summer. Kim M.
Did you do anything for Mateo's big day today? I looked at his age tracker thing and it said 3 yrs. 3 mos. 3 wks. and 3 days! So cool!
I soooo miss those swim lesson days!
The girls started those lessons when they were a year old and we did them every year until we moved!
JJ had swim lessons at RCC last week. It looks like Mateo had the same teacher he did! It's funny, we took JJ in our pool yesterday and he wanted to practice his big arms and big kicks!
You're awesome for getting them in swim lessons! Your kids are awesome! I am IN LOVE with the first picture! Holy melt my heart!
LOVE it! And I just read your comment about my "clean house" - bahahaha! I am just really good at picking a camera angle so that you don't see the mess!
Post a Comment