I love Mother's Day because I have the most amazing son in the world! I savor motherhood and know that it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I feel like I was definitely wired to be a mom and would never feel truly complete without it. We just got back from the Aquarium of the Pacific and it's our third time (1st-Mateo was 2 months old, 2nd-Mateo was just over a year old) and it's amazing to see the growth and development in our son. He led US around and gave us information about the different kinds of fish. I laugh at myself because it doesn't take much to make me happy these days but simply watching my son and all the funny things he does and says. It's also very cool that in less than a week I will be the mother to a new daughter whom I am dying to meet!!
I hate Mother's Day because I don't get to spend it with my own mom. I miss her terribly and wish she was here to see me as a mom. Without a doubt, she shaped me as a person and now as a mother. I know, I know everyone says she's here in spirit or watching from above but I'm sorry it's not the same. I want to hug HER, talk to HER, do anything with HER. So yes as stated in my post title, a part of me hates Mother's Day.
I will obviously spend Mother's Day with the LOVE feeling tomorrow and will hide those other feelings behind something as I've become quite good at over the years. The LOVE now far exceeds anything negative....thanks Mateo!
To all the amazing moms out there....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!


4 comments:
Happy Mother's Day. I believe your mom does know what a great mom you are. Have a great day!
Alicia, I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. I can only imagine how hard that must be especially on a day like today. I can't say that I truely understand, but I do understand how it can be a bitter sweet day for you. I hope you enjoy your day with your family. And just think next year there will be two little ones to share it with! Love ya!
Happy Mother's Day, Alicia! You are a wonderful mom. Mateo and your little girl are blessed to have you as their "mommy."
Your mom is with you everyday and i'm sure she is so proud of who you have become. You are an amazing mom, a beautiful strong woman. And I'm sure she would have told you to move back closer to your bestest friend, Shannon too! lol. I wish I could be there for you and hug you on days you need that extra pick me up. I love you so much and miss you every day! Happy mommy's day to my forever friend! (belated) :)
Post a Comment