Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Could I love anyone more?

So as the arrival of the new baby approaches, I can't help but cherish the time I have with Mateo-just me and him. He is the most precious little almost 2 year old and I can't believe I created him! He is so smart, loving, and funny. He gives me hugs and kisses when I least expect it and tells me that mama is pretty. He tells me please and thank you and blesses me if I sneeze. He carries on 30 second conversations about all kinds of things he finds interesting. He tells me someone needs help and grabs his fire truck or something needs fixing and grabs his drill. He kisses all characters in his books as well as our dogs Shotgun and Inca. He thinks story time at the library is the best weekly occurrence as well as spotting Charlie the horse on the way there. His heart is huge and quite frankly the thought of loving another child more is somewhat incomprehensible. I know it's possible just a difficult thought at this stage. He is now going to have to share mommy with a sister. I see this next stage as being crucial to his development and I am confident he will soar, just as he did with sleeping in his big boy bed or going off the bottle, but it still will arrive with a wee bit of anxiety. I'm going to make the most of these next 3 months and continue to cherish this little being that insists he needs a piece of gum as soon as he wakes up.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

What a sweet little boy! I remember feeling the exact same way when I was pregnant with Kyle. Mateo is going to be an awesome big brother!

Mona said...

A mother's heart is infinite, and the time spent with our children precious.

The Berghorn Family said...

Awwww, you brought a tear to my eye!

Riccobenes... said...

Your kid and the gum thing too? When will the obsession stop? MAteo is such a sweet boy, and he is going to be such a great brother. Soak up all the moments you can right now though-they go fast! (and it is hard to remember it all if someone doesn't remind you!) Thank goodness for husbands and friends!

Jennifer Jones said...

Alicia, this was an absolutely beautiful post. I've often wondered the same thing as you, but I think I'd have to agree with Mona's comment. Hope your long weekend was wonderful!

Heidi said...

hi alicia!! what a sweet post! little mateo could not be any cuter! I saw your message on my blog...too funny we are due so close together! this little guy is measuring a bit big...so maybe we'll be on the same day? we'll have to keep each other posted. Any luck choosing a name yet?? :)

Anonymous said...

Mateo is precious. He's going to be such a great big bro! I remember the anxiety of going in for my c-section. The night before I could hardly sleep just thinking about the changes Luke was about to endure. Never mind what I was going to be put through! Ha! I totally know how you feel and just know that YOUR heart will grow and so will HIS! It will be an amazing journey that unfortunately goes by too quick.

Shannon said...

How do you always make me tear up and laugh at the same time! I love what you wrote about Mateo. He will adjust just like you all will. And you will be more of an amazing mom to both! He's a reflection of you - that's why he is so awesome! :) xox

The Emery Family said...

he is so sweet adn adorable! he will love haviong a baby sister!and your love will grow i promise its the best feelng in the world!