Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's only hair....right?

Ok so I finally decided that it was definitely time to do something new with my hair. I mean I've only had long straight boring blonde hair since I was a Tumwater T-bird! So I stroll into my hairdresser's salon and say quite proudly.. "Shanon I need more than just my highlights today, I think I need about 2-3 inches cut off and some layers!" So Shanon looks at me crazily and says she can't wait. I tell her as long as it's not above my shoulders...she says "so just as long as it's whisping your shoulders?" I agree because I think we are on the same page. Well after she's done putting my California blonde highlights back in she starts cutting away. As I look down at the ground there are 5-6 inch pieces just chillin on the floor looking up at me as if to say "Finally girlfriend!" But I must say that I was in a bit of a shock. I'm getting more used to it now and hopefully it's easier to do because trying to get ready with a baby is virtually impossible. So here is the final product.




13 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE IT! That cut looks so cute on you!
Oh and could that halloween picture of Mateo be any cuter?

Jana, Jeff and Jaydin Gilchrist said...

I love it, its funny how having a baby makes us all go a little shorter! At the beg of the summer I told my hair dresser the same thing, I was tired of doing all 20lbs of my hair and then chasing Jaydin around, I started to sweat! In fact I just got home from the salon and went even shorter!
It really looks good on you, oh and I am wearing a sweater today! Ya.
Baby is so cute!

crunchy peas said...

Doesn't it feel good? I got my chopped last spring and have been trying to grow it out a bit. That first whack is hard to get used to though. I think it looks great! One benefit of short hair...you cannot get stuck in the "ponytail rut".

Anonymous said...

You look so cute. Love it. Doesn't it feel so good to get a new cut. I've been debating for a coupl emonths now whether or not to take more than a couple inches too. I just get tired of my same look. I'm with you on the "time" thing. There just isn't enough time to do it.
Kim

Demeri said...

LOVE IT!!!! You look like a "true" beach girl now (ooohhhlaaalaaa), Iw ill say it's not "whisping" your shoulders, but man it looks GREAT!!! I love the blonde too!! You are definately a M.I.L.F. hahahahaha!!! Love ya babe!

The Berghorn Family said...

I LOVE IT! Can't wait to see the real thing on Tuesday!

The Emery Family said...

i love it lady! your one hot mama!

Heidi said...

Cute do!! It looks great on you:) How fun to do something different. Every time I think I'm going to say something like that to my hair girl...I always chicken out!

Shanalea Atchison said...

It looks great. I can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great! Now hopefully it will be super easy to do too! It is amazing how long it takes to get ready with a baby or kids in tow! I am always amazed that I am the first to get up and start getting myself and everyone else ready but I am ALWAYS the last one to be done! Funny how that works.

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Hi- I love LOVE your new doo. It looks really good on you too. So, I finally made a blog - just FOR YOU! I'm a little slow with the whole "blogging" thing so please bare with - xox Shannonski

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia, you look beautiful! You haven't changed a bit since high school! Congratulations on your new baby boy! He is so cute! I spoke to Brandi and she gave me an update on everyone...I think I need to start my own blog! It is so great to see how everyone is doing! I wish you all the best for you and your family. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care, Cherrise